Friday, October 9, 2009

Creativity Continues To Elude Me...

I started working on an owl drawing, but digital media does little for me these days. I'll probably never finish it. As much as I loathe the mess (especially in the confines of my tiny home), I still long for the physicality of a tangible medium. I'm not ready to haul the paint out again any time soon, but I have been doing a bit with some gel pens (circa 2000 - I'm amazed any of them still write), but I doubt I'll be able to elevate something best left to junior high girls' notebooks to the status of high art.

1 comment:

Carly said...

I think I saw that owl on your computer's desktop the other day, and I was like "he's so cool!" but I didn't know you made him!! So you did the other one with gel pens? It looks awesome! Gel pens are awesome to draw with, except that after years their color sometimes changes/disappears. Some of my best art was done with gel pens!